Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nightmare Before Christmas Tree

Just wanted to update you on the "Nightmare Before Christmas" tree.  I have completed it and it will be shipped out tomorrow morning to my daughter, Tara.  I must tell you that everything, and I mean everything was hand crafted from scratch.  They only thing I didn't make was the tree itself.  Jack and Zero were a challenge, but, I was truly amazed with the final product.  I hand made each gift box, wrapped them and finished them with skeleton leaves and mesh flowers that look dried and dead.  Jack is dressed in a black velvet suit with tails.  He turned out amazing.  Now, for Zero, he is the tree topper and he was totally sculptured.  I am a stickler for details and I am sure that you will see this in Jack and Zero.  I am also sending 3 other decorated Christmas trees and a fireplace.  I had a lot of fun decorating the fireplace.  Again, everything is hand made, right down to the presents surrounding the fireplace.  The fireplace sets on a beautiful brown crushed velvet carpet trimmed in fringe.  The Christmas stockings were hand made and hung on the garland that embraces the fireplace.  The logs were hand crafted as was the fire rising from the logs.  Just looking at it the fire burning seems to warm the heart.  The boxes were all hand made and decorated with lovely flowers, beads and ribbon.  It would be a beautiful addition to any miniature doll house or even just by itself.  I had a lot of fun creating these items for my daughter's shop and I hope you will find them to be just as elegant as I do.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOO looking forward to seeing the Nightmare tree Sherry , I am in the middle of a NBChristmas project right now so keen to see! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete